The most economical way of packing your items is by using a corrugated carton removal storage packing. Available in lightweight single or heavyweight double wall board, cartons are packed flat in 25’s for ease of handling. As well as conventional brown cartons, there is also a range of white corrugated storage packing cartons to enhance the safty aspect, or to help seperate room content.
- Ask the removers to keep all the packing boxes for each room together. This will save time unpacking the storage boxes.
- Pack a safe or fireproof box with important documents such as birth and marriage certificates.
- Tie up electrical cords to prevent them from getting tangled. Use rubber bands or bag ties to secure the cords.
Once your moving date has been confirmed you can look forward to moving into your new home. However, you are unlikely to be so enthusiastic about packing up all those cardboard boxes. Here are some tips for perfect removal storage packing:
- Make sure you have the correct packing materials: bubble wrap, tissue packing paper, bin bags, scissors, marker pen and plenty of empty storage/removal boxes (three sizes).
- Start early, packing up the storage boxes will almost certainly take longer than you anticipated.
- Begin at the top of your home and move downwards. If you have an attic, it’s a good idea to sort it out first. You will probably discover several things you didn’t realize you owned!
- Use moving home as an opportunity to sort out your possessions, throw away your rubbish and separate any items that can be given to friends or charity shops.
- Pack one room at a time, clearly label each storage box with details of its contents and the room to which it belongs.
- Clearly label any packing boxes that contain breakables.
- Wrap items individually and place in a removal box that has been lined with several layers of tissue packing paper and a sheet of bubble wrap. Any breakables should also be wrapped in bubble wrap.